I just wanted to share a news article with you about my grandparents. They have an amazing testimony (became Christians in early 1980's) and are a great example to me of how to live the Christian life and letting Jesus use them to further His kingdom. I just pray that Jesus will use me and that I would be as willing as they are in doing His will.
La Esparanza is one mission field in Baja Mexico. They minister to the Oaxaca (pronounced wahaka) Indians that come up from the mainland and work grueling hours in the fields picking produce and live in camps that are really just rows of tin sheds with each "home" being about 12 feet square. They have no running water and the last time I went to one camp, a man came up to me asking for shoelaces because he had none, and my heart broke b/c I was wearing flip flops. I wished I was wearing shoes and I would have taken off my laces and given them to him. These people have literally nothing and yet are so happy, and we in America have so much, and yet are so unhappy.
I can't wait to go back someday!
Three Dental Patients At La Esperanza Pray To Receive Christ
Jack and Betty come each winter (this is their 12th) to care for people's teeth, but the most important thing to them is that their patients are sure that they're going to heaven. Jack talks to each patient about having a relationship with Christ. Three patients have prayed to receive Christ in the past month. Below is the story of one of them.
One day Betty called for us to come pray because a young woman's jaw had locked open during her dental work. Jack was doing everything he could, but it wouldn't shut. He began to give Stevito pointers on how to reach into her mouth to relieve it. Praise God that He heard our prayers before Stevito took action. The young woman believed that it was by prayer and faith that her jaw loosened. This woman had never prayed to receive Christ as her Savior. After seeing God's awesome miracle in her life, she prayed to receive Christ. A few days later she came back, and said she had been to church with her husband. She shared how she had been considering a separation from her husband before she came to the clinic. Now, her husband wants to follow the Lord as well, because he's had enough of what the world has to offer. I had a chance to pray with them, and it was evident by the tears and hugs that God is bringing restoration to their marriage.
www.mexicanmedical.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment