I quickly got the groceries, and on the way out, decided to go over to the NEX (Navy Exchange) to take a look at the newest Coach Bags. I really like their bags, and if they weren't so costly I'd have one for every season plus vacation handbags!
After drooling over my favorite ones, I decided it was time for us to get home. Out at the car, I popped the trunk and dug into the shopping cart for the first bag and much to my surprise found a Coach Wallet (the Soho line to be exact) with a price tag of $248!!!
I think my heart stopped for a moment. I high-tailed it back into the store, pausing briefly to ask Savannah not to say anything while we were in there. I don't need anymore attention coming my way! Lucky for me, nobody was in the Coach section, and I was able to discreetly toss it back on the shelf (not so discreet if you look at the security cameras--you'd think I was actually stealing one, not putting it back). Phew! I got out of there as quick as I could.
Can you imagine me getting apprehended with 2 kids and trying to explain it was my son not me?! I can't believe I almost got home with it! I was wondering how many people would have actually stashed it in their car and taken a "freebie". It would have been so easy. But, every time I pulled out that wallet, I'd remember. So, instead, I have a picture to remind me of what could have been.........And, it was a good life lesson for the kids.
I can see already this is not going to be a dull week after all!

3 comments:
very funny!
Hey, you could've saved it for my birthday next year!! LOL!!
I'm glad you found it and were able to put it back! At least Jackson has good taste!
I am proud of you for putting it back! Jackson just wanted to get you something special!
Post a Comment