Friday, May 9, 2008

Hawaii Day 2

We woke up bright and early (before 6am!) and headed out for a stroll on the beach.

While we were out, we stopped at an amazing smoothie joint that my cousin, Iwona, told me about. She was right, they were to die for!(for those of you going to Waikiki anytime soon, it's right next to the Outrigger Reef Hotel on the beach side). I got a Pina Colada and Chad got a Strawberry. It was so yummy I wish it was an endless drink!

By then the day was getting warm so I decided to walk in the water. Big mistake! Apparently the ocean was having a PMS kind of a day, because out of nowhere a wave came up and drenched me! I couldn't believe it--what a way to really wake up! But, remembering my blogging entries, I had Chad take pictures of the incident. Luckily it dried within 10 minutes.









Here is a picture of Chad being....well, himself :) Unlike me, he is a morning person! ha



Later that morning we took off to go to the base and then on to see Pearl Harbor. Chad really loved it (he's an extreme history buff/lover) and I thought the history behind it was really neat (where was my mind when this was offered in history class???hmmmm...yes, I was a social butterfly, not a study bug)








After we got back, we headed out to the pool. Silly me thought that SPF 15 would do it! It did it alright--I was red as a tomato and talk about embarassment when we went out. It was like, "oh look at her--tourist for sure! Does she even know what the sun is?" Yes, it was quite humbling :) The only thing that kept me from feeling sorry for myself was my burns turn into nice tans! And, I figured, with not seeing the sun for almost 3 years here in Seattle, I think my chances of skin cancer are slim, so what's one time of working on your tan? I did keep my face out of the sun, though.

For dinner, we went to another great restaurant that Iwona suggested to us--Duke's (located at the Outrigger Waikiki). It was awesome--especially their fries! The place was packed and it was fun having to act like vultures just to get a table (we were too cheap for the assigned seating--no steak or seafood for me, just give me a good ol' juicy burger)! Everyone was friendly, and when we got up to leave, I struck up a conversation with the guy snatching our table! I could get used to this lifestyle!

No comments: