Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Family Reunion

This week has been non-stop! Just the way I like it. Let me fill you in(I'll post pictures when I get home next week).........

We got up bright and early last Wed. 5 am to be exact! Did I mention before that I am NOT a morning person? I can probably count on my hands and toes the number of times I've seen the sunrise! And, yes, I prefer sunsets :) haha Anyways.. We were out the door lickety-split at 6:30 and made real good time until 1/2 hr. outside of my aunt's house. There we hit road construction and it took over an hour to go 30 miles. But, who's complaining?!

We arrived, and my younger cousins took the kids off my hands, and I was able to take a nice, hot shower.... How refreshing! Afterwards, Ashton, Maddie, and Krissy watched the kids and I went with the family (I think 25 of us) to Alive At Five--a shin dig downtown with live music and a beer garden. We hung out for 4 hours and got dinner. It was so much fun to hang out with the family.

Thursday was spent making 36 individual cakes with my Aunt Shirley for my Grandma's surprise 80th birthday party. Us girls were putting on a tea party and it was so much fun. Grandma said she's never had a birthday party before! I slept so good that night!

Friday we headed out to the lake, and spent the day boating, taking the kids out on the jet ski, and Savannah tubing with her cousin. Jackson spent the day either in the boat (whether it was out on the water, or tied up to the dock) and on a jet-ski that was out of commission! I've never had such a relaxing vacation.

Saturday was the 60th anniversary party for my grandparents, and we headed back into town for showers and pictures! There were 44 of us in the family picture, and ony 10 family members that couldn't make the trip. I think about 130 people showed up. Good times!

Sunday was spent back at the lake, where we continued to hang out in the water or play volleyball. Oh, and ate to our hearts content---or is that our stomach?! I am still not hungry! I don't think any of us stopped eating. We had so much good food!

Sunday night, I followed my "motel"--my parents' camper, back to their house. We got the kids in bed by 11 and my dad and I were talking about the reunion when all of the sudden a transformer blew out across the street! It was so funny to be in the light one minute, and the next shuffling around like a blind person looking for the flashlight. I found one, and a few min. later, it died. Mom said it's a rechargeable flashlight, and I proceeded to ask where the charger was and wanted to plug it in! How retarded am I? Sometimes I wonder how that doesn't automatically "click"! ha So, after I got one out of the pickup, I decided to drive around town to see if power was out all over--yes, I was a little bored, and a little curious. It was out over 90%, but back on in the morning.

Yesterday was chaotic. The kids were bouncing off the walls, and I got selected to do errands for my parents. We were in Wal-Mart looking for oil filters and oil, when much to my frustration, I glanced over and saw Jackson painting his mouth and eyes with my mascara! To make matters worse, it was on my purse--which isn't washable..grrrr... I walked around the whole store with him looking like that and people giving me crazy eye looks. Whatever. Wait until you have kids! Their listening skills are a little better right now, but we'll see how the day goes.

That's a wrap, folks. Probably more than you wanted to know!

No comments: