
This afternoon I decided to take the kids to the library. Since we're having a heck of a time getting satelite TV (our house is covering the signal and we can't attatch it to our roof), in the evenings I've watched paint dry in every room of the house.....well, almost every room...
The kids were excited to go pick out books, and as we sat at a table to fill out an application for a library card, Jackson was showing me his book. It was quiet in the library, but not so quiet you could hear a pin drop...or so I thought.
All of the sudden I hear this loud SHHHHHHHHHHHH and looked up and to the right. There seated at a desk 15 feet away seated at a desk was a female security officer (why does the library employ one of those anyways?) dressed in black pants and a neatly pressed white button up top.
Well, I don't like it when people are over the top when it comes to children--especially ones who are behaving. So, I stared her down. It was the "ARE YOU FOR REAL?!?!?" look. No, not very Christian of me, but sometimes I get fed up with people taking their job way too seriously and not understanding how kids are. Poor Jackson was embarassed, and when he gets that way, he starts throwing stuff. He tried to chuck the book across the room, but I intercepted it.
I don't like it when kids are obnoxious and loud either, but when well-behaved 3 year olds are just talking, give them a little bit of grace. Being quiet is something that is learned, and sometimes takes a lifetime to achieve.
All that to say she scared the heck out of them and it was good leverage for me to use to keep them quiet as mice and to stay out of the newspapers on sticks. "You better leave that alone or the library lady will come give you evil eyes", etc.. The last thing I needed was for the kids to be sword fighting or pretending they were light sabers and get kicked out of the library. She did walk by once, when I was texting (and the rules say no cell phone use or you'll be escorted out), and we made eye contact, but she was smart and kept on walking.....
Yes, I think she needs to be transferred to the Department of Corrections where her no nonsense, don't mess with me attitude would be better put to use.

2 comments:
Wow!! That is unreal! What's up with that?
You're hillarious! I'm glad that you gave her the evil eye. I don't like it when people are like that either. You are at a stinkin library! Let the kid speak. Good job, Mama!!
Post a Comment