All this week Jackson has been sick with a cold and high fever (it didn't go above 103.8 this time! yeah!) and I didn't think I had anything to write about....that is until this morning!
Jackson is feeling much better so I got up early and out the kids and I went to Michael's. Long story short, we were in the checkout line and behind me I overheard 2 women visiting about private school and open houses. I wasn't paying much attention until I heard one of them mention her daughter's unique name and I turned and noticed it was a really nice girl, Breanne, that I met at our neighborhood playground.
So, I tuned in, and heard her saying that and she had told someone about Providence's open house and they were sending their daughter to that school. Breanne went on to tell her friend that she invited this girl to an open house at another school but couldn't go because this person was having a girls night--recipe exchange in fact, where they make one of the dishes to share--and they do this monthly! Breanne's friend thought it was so neat and said "how does she and her friends find the time to do that? We should do that, too." The friend then asked Breanne if this girl she met works, and no she doesn't but sells stuff on the side.
I about DIED because I knew immediately when she said recipe exchange that she was talking about ME! Holy cow I wanted the ground to swallow me whole! Luckily the kids were to pre-occupied with their stickers to even notice.
By the time it was my turn to be rung up, they were on to another subject (phew!) but when I said "Savannah" they got quiet. Coincidence or not? You be the judge!
Had I not been wearing a sweatshirt hoodie, hat, and had actually applied makeup and fixed my hair, I would have turned around and said something! I think I need to invite them over for dinner and ask her how the shopping was at Michaels!
So, next time you're out in a store, dress up--you never know who might be talking about you :) Never before has it happened, and if it ever does again, I'll be prepared!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too funny!!! Love your blog, Angel!
Post a Comment