Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Don't Dust off the Sunscreen Just Yet

It's official. We did not get the orders for Hawaii that we were hoping and praying for. Good thing God sees the whole picture because I'm pretty discouraged!

Here's some answers to a few questions that I've gotten about what we're going to do now.

  • A new list of billets come up every month, so we'll keep checking those and if we see ones we like, we'll put in a request for them.
  • Chad is waiting to hear back from the FAA about air traffic controller jobs and the training he'll need since he already has experience in that field.
  • We will look into the officer program and weigh the pros and cons. If he chooses to go this route, he will do either a nursing program or medical doctor program. All other degrees had to be completed by the age of 28, and he realistically cannot get his bachelor degree in 9 months!
  • We are also looking into and submitting resumes to many DOD (dep't of defense) civilian jobs
  • Our friend is periodically looking at Microsoft security jobs to see if there are any openings for Chad to apply for.

Thanks for your prayers and support!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Bummer! While I'm totally happy you're not leaving for now, I'm sad for you guys b/c I know how much you wanted this! We'll definitely be praying for what the next step will be.

Now come home! We miss you!