Well, we made it to my parents late last night. I left our house at 5:54am with the kids, got gas, and hit the road. As usual, I stopped at the Burger King in North Bend for my "coffee" aka Dr. Pepper!
We stopped in Spokane and hung out with my cousin, Treasure, and her 4 kids for about 2 1/2 hrs and the kids had a blast. It was great to have some girl time and catch up with Treasure. After we left, the day got longer and longer and longer......well, you get the idea! I usually make the trip in 12 hours with the kids, but with our little pit stop it turned into 14 hours. We were so glad to get to my parents!
I was really looking forward to the weekend forecast--sunny and in the low/mid 70's and much do my despair (I feel your pain, Neely), I woke up to, yup, you native Montanans guessed it--SNOW! UGH! Oh, and yes, it does have a tendency to snow in the first couple weeks of June out here. We left Seattle for our much needed dose of sun! At least it is melting as it hits the ground...maybe I should check again, just to make sure.....Oh, look at that-it's stopped snowing and the grass is green. I am still holding out for my dose of sunshine. This weekend we're camping (my family will be, but I'll be staying at my grandparents house 1/2 mile away! haha) at the lake so I'll be sure to take my camera.
I would post pictures, but I left my USB cords at home, so you'll just have to use your wild and vivid imaginations on this one.
Stay tuned for more late breaking news from Big Sky Country!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah, that's unreal... my mom said it was snowing there. it's been pitsy here too until this afternoon. the sun is shining and it's warm and gorgeous outside!!! i so needed it and now i don't have to fill my perscription for valium! thank-you Lord, and i mean that very literally!
Post a Comment