Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week in Review

This past week has been super busy and exhausting!

  • Sunday night-Thursday night: We had VBC at church and I taught 1st graders. It was super fun, but getting up before 7 is not my cup-of-tea! 2 days I came home, put the kids down and we slept until 5 or later!
  • Tuesday night we went down to Seattle and took Savannah to John Robert Powers school. A talent scout saw her at the 4th of July festivities in Bellevue, and contacted us to come on down for an audition. We found out later it is a school to train kids how to act in front of the camera and how to audition. She did amazing (yes, I must brag) and when the VP met one-on-one with Savannah, he asked her what tv shows she watched, she said "the news"! hahaha And, when we were being ushered into the camera room, Michael asked Savannah if he should push the stroller or should she. Without missing a beat she piped up(as she was plopping down into Jax's stroller), "Well, you work here!" What a pistol! They did callbacks the next day and wanted Savannah to be part of their company. Unfortunately, the school is quite pricy, but we'll save up and send her in the future--this is a great way for Savannah to exert all her energy into something without driving me crazy! She loved being in front of the camera and is a total ham!
  • Friday afternoon I went to the chiropracter in hopes of relieving my headaches, and it was a good thing it went--my neck was so out of whack, I think I grew an inch after the adjustment! I've been on my beloved Ibuprofin for the past 2 days, so we'll see if tonight the headaches come back.
  • Friday night was date night and Chad and I went to see The Dark Knight. I loved the movie, but then again, I like psychological thrillers.
  • Saturday we went grocery shopping.
  • Today we went to church and out to lunch. We came home and took naps! I'm already ready for bed!

We are leaving for Montana for 2 weeks on Wednesday and I have to pack, clean the house, and make cookies for the reunion! I think maybe tomorrow and Tuesday will be TV mornings for the kids. What a treat for them and sanity for me (for those who don't know--they usually only watch Sat. morning cartoons and 1 show during the week, and yes, maybe the news)!

No comments: