We just got back from taking Chad to the airport, and the kids are down for their naps...that's right and its not even 11am! We got them up at 5:30 and headed off to the airport, making a detour at Starbucks. It's wierd to think that in just a couple of hours, he'll be basking in the tropical Hawaiian sun while I bask in the cold drizzle of Seattle!
The kids and I are staying behind until 1 of 3 things happen: a) our condo sells b) our condo rents c) the baby is born. We're praying its one of the 1st 2 because April 14th seems far away.
Jackson is doing fine--he was just upset that he couldn't get on the plane and go to Hawaii. When we woke him up he jumped out of bed and his first question was "Can I watch movies on the plane?" Sorry, buddy. Not this time.... And, as soon as Chad went to board the plane, Jackson was asking to go back on the train.
Savannah, on the other hand, woke up and immediately started crying. The first day or two is always the hardest for her, and hard for me since I'm not emotional by nature. It takes alot in me to be compassionate and let her feelings run their course. This morning I give myself an "A" in that department (hopefully it will continue). Poor girl :( Good thing she'll be back in school tomorrow.
So, I have a question for all of you.....What are some ideas for activities to do with the kids in the afternoon/evening. I feel that time stands still every day from 4pm-8pm and sometimes, I swear the clock goes backwards, and the kids are in bed by 7:30! I want to do fun activities both at home and out in town. Any ideas would be great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
a couple of ideas: most kids like baking.. you could have them help you make their own playdo. You can even have it scented or colored for seasonal enjoyment. another idea is to go on a scavenger hunt. come up with pictures of 10 things and have them go looking for them, inside or outside.
I hope these help. I can get a playdo recipe for you if you'd like. also we had wanted to come up and say good bye to you and chad...but it looks like we missed the chance. :(
Post a Comment