Monday, June 23, 2008

The Gym

It's Monday and time for another "to do" list!




I decided that since I have my 10yr. high school reunion the 1st weekend in August, and the weekend before is a big family reunion at the lake, I better get my butt in gear--for purely vain reasons, I might add. I'd rather strut around in my bathing suit looking decent rather than a rolled up sausage! And since it has been 10 years, I'd like to look like I haven't let myself go, especially in the eyes of your former peers.

So, it was off to the gym bright and early--I think we rolled in a few minutes before 11! The gym was pretty quiet so I decided to tackle some new equipment..I can hear y'all laughing right now. It does get better. This equipment is like a high tech elliptical machine and burns way more calories--now I know why.

The foot pads (or whatever you call them) look like swinging pendulums, and I had a hard time climbing up. I teetered this way and that before gaining my balance. By the time I figured out my "course" the computer was telling me to pedal faster. Let me tell you--I looked like a very uncoordinated Tigger. One foot went forward and the other back and I almost fell off the stupid contraption. After about 30 seconds I mastered the use of my gross motor skills. Phew!

Towards the end of my workout, I grabbed my water bottle to get a drink, and it knocked off my phone. Down it went onto my foot which sent it flying into the aisle next to me. The back cover flew off and landed under this machine, and the phone and battery were scattered. I kept on "jogging" and considered my options. I could A) jump off, pick up the pieces, and make a fool out of myself with trying to get back on or B) continue my workout, pretending that didn't just happen. About a minute after choosing option B (I only had 5 more minutes left), a man came over, picked up my phone and battery and handed it to me! I was way too tired to be embarassed! I did hold my arms close to my body just in case the deoderant wore off :)

I have never been so glad to be done with a workout in my life. I hate working out anyways, but my whole body felt like jello when I climbed down. I thought I was going to fall over. Maybe the fact that I couldn't feel my toes had something to do with that............

Despite my agonizing ordeal, I am willing to make the sacrifice for being able to fit into a size whatever dress and cute shorts in 5 weeks.......Then, I'll cancel my gym membership and hang up my gym shorts until the next big reunion. Good thing they have an elastic waistband!

1 comment:

neely said...

we should workout together some time. I can make anyone feel like they are super coordinated.