This morning I headed back to the gym and worked out muscles I didn't even know existed. But more on that later.I did a little research and found a picture and the description of the machine I attempted to master yesterday. It is called the Precor AMT. I found their description amusing (maybe I should have read this BEFORE yesterday).
The AMT does more than customize a workout, it customizes a movement -- adapting to your motion -- which means you can completely change the motion and paths of your steps without so much as the push of the button.
Yup, it sure does!--wait here is the best part yet:
Freedom of choice. This is what makes the AMT so unique. By allowing you to alter your motion at the slightest whim of your imagination, no two workouts have to feel the same. This keeps your mind engaged and your body torn between wanting to experiment with new movements and needing a second to catch your breath.
hmmm...maybe next time I'll do a little reading before thinking I can tackle anything! This description is right on--I know each time I get on the thing I won't have the same workout as before! And, boy does it tear your body--I woke up today with my back all out of whack!
So back to today. Gold's Gym just got in new equipment, so my body toning/sculpting regiment is changing. Out with the old, in with the new! I tried out this new machine that tones some muscle(s) in your arms and was looking around for the name of it. I saw "Hammer Strength". That's a good name for this...I'm doing hammer strength (kinda like hammer time!), I thought to myself..Then I looked up and to the right and saw that, no, I am not doing HS, I am doing the "seated row" machine. Aparently HS is a company that manufacters gym equipment.... Then I saw a new leg press machine. The press stays stationary, and you push your body backwards in the chair--kinda like the space shuttle launching into outerspace. Cool, I thought. Being the humble person that I am, I decided not to do the usual 160 lbs, but 140. HAHA What a joke! I couldn't even push myself back! No, I had to quickly adjust the weight amount to 80 lbs and that even got my HR up! As the kids and I walked out of there, I gave myself and A for effort!
1 comment:
you crack me up... and your cartoon on the other one is soooo true!! - see my blog for needing motivation.
Post a Comment