Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Parade, Music, Fireworks, & Cotton Candy


Our Independence Day started with a parade in Everett. It was fun and the kids especially liked the vintage cars and dancers. Afterwards, we headed a few blocks away to a Basptist church street fair, and the kids were determined to get their hands on some free cotton candy. We waited in line for 40+ minutes! I kept telling Savannah "This is just like waiting in line at DisneyWorld!". I hope it was good! They sure seemed to enjoy it.

















After some LONG naps, we headed down to the park right next to Belle Square and participated in the festivities! We got there at 6:30 and got a great parking spot, and an even better spot on the lawn--close to the stage, and in perfect view of the fireworks. After hanging out for a few, we decided to walk around and see what all was going on.

The kids decorated foam visors, got to climb in 2 different firetrucks, sat on a police motorcycle (yes, Jackson screamed and pitched a fit when Chad took him off the bike), and got to walk through a fire-ambulance. She even got to wear a firefighter outfit! That was hard work, so we made a bee-line for the elephant ears and cotton candy, again!

We spent the rest of the evening at our spot on the lawn, and I read a book, and we tickled the kids. Most people didn't mind, but a kid and his dad were sprawled out on a blanket in front of us, and I was teasing Jackson, and he backed up right onto them! I grabbed him right before he landed on the kid's head. I thought it was hilarious, but they did not. Jackson has loved music since he was born, so he danced his body out all night long!










The Bellevue Symphony played during the firework show, and the kids loved every minute of it! I was wondering how Jackson would do, but even this evening, he was pointing to the sky asking me to watch more fireworks.

The symphony didn't play only traditional songs, but also the Superman theme song, and the Star Wars theme song. I leaned over to Chad and said, "They must be playing this for all the Trekke's out here tonight." He laughed, and told me it was Star WARS, not TREK! Then he proceeded to pat my hand and say "I'm so glad to know you'll never be a nerd!" haha I thought it was so funny! I crack myself up sometimes!

I attempted to take pictures of the fireworks, but my camera must not be fast enough to caputre them, but I had to post my best ones. At least you get an idea.








3 comments:

Alison said...

Hey Angel! I love looking at your blog!! Especially, the NavyWife header. These pics are great! Your kids are adorable. I know you guys are at Everette right? My cousin and his wife are stationed at Bremerton(sp?) they just had a baby boy. He and his wife have been in the Navy for almost 3 years now. Glad you all had a great 4th! ~Alison~ (lindsey's friend)

Ed and Christy Millard said...

wow! what a packed day! sounds like you guys had a great time! so nice that summer has finally come. i'll email you about getting together soon... we'll have to check dates. talk to you soon!

Alison said...

Hey there! Thanks for the comments Angel. Yeah, I am really glad to have Chad home for a while. In January his unit~NCR 24(Navy Seabees) will deploy out to Port.Wynemee,California(ok i know i butchered that spelling!lol)for 2 months then they will go to either Iraq or Afganistan. He will start drilling again the first weekend in August so he'll start finding out more then. I know that is a big decision whether or not to get out. Chad will always be reserves...He was previously with a Cargo Unit(out of Kings Bay,Georgia)then became a Seabee(Personelman 2nd class). They are doing away with his rate!Go figure~they will have civilians do all the PS jobs pretty soon. Nice!ugh..Anyway, so he has to change rate. He is switching to BU(builder) That is his best chance to advance quicker and hopefully make chief one day. Where are you and your Chad from originally? ~Take Care ~