Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I've Been Tagged


I just got tagged by my friends Sadie, and Marisa....actually I probably got tagged a few days ago, but I've been mentally "checked out" for the past couple of weeks. :)

1. I had surgery in Nov of 1983--I was almost 4 years old, and had an apendectomy. The wierd thing--I remember it all: doubled over in pain at home, taking a bath at the hospital prior to surgery, being wheeled into the OR, the Dr. applying the butterfly bandages inbetween my stitches, getting gifts, and my favorite--banana and root beer flavored popsicles!

2. I nannied for 2 different sets of triplets--the first was all boys, the second set, all girls. I also nannied for a practicing Jewish family and spent major holidays with them and learned alot about the Jewish culture, and even learned some Yiddish and Hebrew.

3. Although I grew up in Montana and in the great outdoors, I prefer being inside, and if I go camping, it's gotta be in a trailer! And, I only really like snow at Christmas. I do like to go hunting, though.

4. I am the oldest grandaughter on both sides of my family--one side has 16 grandkids, 7 great grandkids; the other has 20 grandkids, 12 (almost 13) grandkids, and only 9 of us are married so far.

5. I am a hypochondriac...yup, that's sooo true! Just ask Chad what my daily "diagnosis" is, or what I'm going to die of this week! I can only laugh at it because I know its so PATHETIC....

6. My brother and I are Irish twins-- we are 11 months apart and were born in the same year. My mom and one of her brothers are only 10 months apart!

7. I have a dream of either being a surgeon or an ER doctor someday. I've always liked when we went hunting of being able to help "field dress" the animals, and am fascinated with watching real surgeries on TV. Luckily I nannied for a Doctor family and was able to ask "cool questions--"what was the hardest thing you've had to amputate?", etc, and hear neat stories. Gross, I know, but fascinating all the same..

Now I tag Linda, Debbie, Stephanie, and Cheryl.

No comments: