Tuesday, December 9, 2008

You know........

You are pregnant when you.......

  • Are out of breath from pushing the stroller from the parking lot into the mall!
  • Go to Victoria Secret to buy a bra that fits, and end up walking out with 2 that look more like the Playtex Cross Your Heart Full Coverage Bras than the cute lacy ones on the mannequins.....But really, who was I kidding anyways?!?!

You are in denial about your pregnancy when you.....

  • Purchase ANYTHING from Victoria Secret anytime during those 9 months!!!
  • Shop for your Christmas outfit in the regular section of department stores, refusing to walk past the maternity section! Gotta love those stretch shirts and pants! **Take note--stay away from pleated skirts! Words cannot describe the shape it takes once you put it on**
  • Try on an Audrey Hepburn style dress and actually contemplate buying it in a small size (in hopes of wearing it post-baby), not taking time to think if you can even sit down in a church pew THIS Christmas Eve without busting out the zipper or pulling a muscle or 2 in your belly (if I even have those anymore)! Did I mention it was expensive, too?!

And finally......You don't know whether or not to take it as a compliment or run to the kitchen for some pita chips and spinach artichoke dip when people tell you how good you look now compared to this summer before becoming pregnant........ I'm definitely taking it as a compliment!!! :)

All I have to say is thank goodness my feet don't swell or grow and I can wear cute stylish shoes--they will never betray me! Or so I hope.......

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

hang in there girl and never say never! My feet got flatter and wider with Grant. Hey when do we get a new belly shot?