On Wednesday, the kids and I went to the opening of the first Target in Hawaii (actually 2 opened, but this one is 3 minutes from us)!! It was a madhouse getting into the parking garage (2 stories), and police officers were out directing traffic. The Target is similar to the one in Redmond (same layout) but bigger and is one of the largest ones built. It was great hearing everyone's comments about Target--most have never set foot inside, and I heard one woman say to a friend, "Welcome to Target!" There were no screaming deals, although a 12 pack of Pepsi products was $3 (normally over here it's $4.50-$5).
Things here are on average 10% more expensive than Seattle (formula, eating out, groceries, etc). The exceptions I have seen at the commissary is milk ($5/gallon), bread ($3+ per loaf) and eggs. Other than that, most prices on food are the same. I haven't scouted out a regular grocery store yet, but will. Gas is $2.24/gallon, and I'm excited to see how Costco prices out here compare to Seattle.
When we were at Target, we found some retro sunglasses, and decided to have a little photo shoot, so here they are:
No comments:
Post a Comment