Tuesday, April 7, 2009

39 Weeks & Counting Down to April 14th

Today marks 39 weeks! Time has flown by and I can't believe that in the next 2 weeks, we'll be meeting our little girl. The kids are super excited! I'm still feeling great and sleeping well, so I am content going another 14 days because when it ends, we'll have sleepless nights for awhile!

You will be happy to know we have FINALLY settled on a name (yes, first and middle) about 3 days ago, although as Chad says it is "top secret", so you'll just have to keep guessing, but if you ask him the name's Iris (IRS--tax day baby) or Janis Joplin (JJ for short)!

Our household goods arrived on Friday, so we spent the whole weekend unpacking. We got ALOT accomplished. The whole main floor of the house is unpacked and put away with the exception of the china/glassware that goes in the china hutch. I have pulled baby clothes out of bins and am almost finished organizing the baby's room. The kids rooms only need books put away and a couple of misc. boxes to go through. That leaves our bedroom, which we'd like to knock out in the next couple of days.

A few of you might be wondering what we're doing with the kids when I go into labor. Good question! For some reason I haven't been stressed at all about it thanks to my mom and friends stressing for me and thinking I'm a little bit crazy for procrastinating, but seeing that I am coming down to the single digit countdown, I've done some calling around and spoke with the director of a 24hr childcare facility that the Navy runs. Normally we wouldn't be allowed to drop our kids off since I stay at home and Chad's home relatively early at night, but Ann took pity on me and is more than accomodating given our situation. She's finishing up her schedule now for the next 2 weeks and will let me know what days she'll have slots available for Savannah and Jackson. What an answer to prayer! I do have a backup for the middle of the night if they are full, but we're praying the baby comes on one of the days she has an opening.



We took about 15 pictures, and when Chad informed me that he could take 100 pics and I still wouldn't be satisfied with the way I look or the angle of the picture, I decided this will have to do. Plus, he was tired and started taking some up close and random pictures which we laughed about.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Girl you are gorgeous and glowing!! I love your beads you have on! Im also dying to know the name! FEss up now...does LuLu know already?LOL....Im glad you have the childcare thing worked out for now...what a relief! Im so excited for you! Praying for a safe delivery hon!

Christy said...

You are the cutest prego!

Whitney M said...

i am going to call your phone and ask to talk to Savannah because I know she will spill the beans on the name. so HA!! haha i'm happy you posted finallyyy!!!

God's Call said...

39 weeks!! You look like me at 25 weeks. You look amazing!! Miss you friend :)
Alisa

Ed and Christy Millard said...

you look great angel! i can't believe you are almost due!! you look like how i did at 6 mo! way to go and great job unpacking!!

Debbie said...

you look wonderful!!